Dizziness is a symptom occurring whenever any parts of the body are not maintaining their imbalance including the inner ears, visual disturbances, brain or nervous disorders, and gastrointestinal problems. It is an imprecise medical term but is characterized by vertigo( sensation of spinning, can associate with nausea or vomiting) or unsteadiness( being imbalance, frequent falls) or lightheadedness( muscular weakness, feeling fainting).
The epidemiology of dizziness is reported that annually about 15-20 percents of the population all over the world suffered from it. The high risks are people who undergoing other diseases like low blood pressure, low blood sugar, anemia( deficiency of red blood cells, iron deficiency), inflammation of media ears, migraines( a severe recurring vascular headache),…
For mild dizziness, you should consider the top effective home remedies for dizziness:
1. Exercise with breathing deeply
The best home remedies for dizziness is deep breathing to provide sufficient amount of oxygenic blood to the brain circulation. It will help ease dizziness, slow your heart rate, stable blood pressure, reduce stressful by resting the nervous system.
How to apply
· Inhale slowly while closing your mouth, try to fill your lungs completely with air and let your abdomen enlarge as much as possible, resist it in 3-4 seconds.
· Exhale slowly by forcing your abdomen to move toward your spine with fully extract the air in 6-7 seconds.
· Practice deep breathing 10-20 times whenever you get dizziness
Remember that you can lie back or sit or stand upright as you feel comfortable when you do this remedy.
2. Water and food
Water is the important parts of the blood circulation that if it is deficient, it will lead to many problems including dizziness. However, dizziness can occur when people have low blood sugar related to hunger. Drinking water and eating something help reduce these symptoms immediately and are known as the quick remedies.
How to apply:
· Drink 1 to 2 glasses of warm water and eat some food rich in glucose like banana, apple, grapes, milk products…
· Another way is to consume at least 2 liters of water per day and eat in a moderation every day, sleep 7-8 hours daily especially with dizziness related to the diabetic.
Ginger is a traditional medicine that has been used all around the world since long time ago. It can treat many forms of nausea, vomiting, reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer, lower blood glucose and cholesterol. It helps enhance blood circulation, which can decrease the symptoms of dizziness.
How to apply
· Eat 1-2 pieces of the fresh ginger bulb are the best natural way.
· If it is difficult to consume fresh ginger, other choices are eating some ginger candies, drink ginger tea with sugar, or even supplements of ginger.
Like ginger, honey is another home remedy for dizziness that you should not ignore. Honey has great effects on our bodies such as decrease ulcers, prevent risks of cancer and heart diseases, fight bacterial and fungal, yeast infection and cough problems, boosting up our immune systems and diminish dizziness.
How to apply
· Take a cup of warm water then dilute it with 2 teaspoons of honey, drink it when you feel dizziness. Consume this solution twice daily also help you get rid of these problems.
· Or you can add 1-2 teaspoons of honey with Ceylon cinnamon, directly consume this mixture twice daily.
Exercise at least 3 times per week, 30 minutes per time will enhance your immune system so that diminish dizziness occurrence. Try some simple exercise first, then increase the time and intensity. The more you practice, the healthier you become so you should be patient with this remedy.
Lemon sugar water increases blood glucose so it is helpful in dizziness accompanies with low blood glucose. Lemon also rich in vitamin C- the antioxidant substance, can boost the immune system, support wound healing. As ginger and honey, it also has effective on reducing the risks of many health problems like cancer, cardiovascular system, high blood cholesterol…
How to apply
· Add 2 teaspoons of lemon and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a glass of warm water( you can consider the sugar content), drink it twice daily until you notice any changes.
· Dilute 2 teaspoons of lemon and 2 teaspoons of raw honey in a glass of warm water. Drinking this dilution 2 times daily also is helpful.
7. Gooseberry fruit and seeds of coriander
Indian gooseberry or Amla berry is a fruit that high in vitamin A and C and is a traditional treatment for high cholesterol level, hyperglycemia, cancer, inflammation of the pancreas,…
How to apply
· Crushing some gooseberry fruit and mix it with some pinches of coriander seeds.
· Add this mixture in a liter of warm water, let it there for 10-12 hours.
· Extract the solution and store it in the fridge, drink a glass of it daily to reduce dizziness.